Gulkand Health Benefits :
Gulkand a sweet preserve of rose petals, is an ayurvedic medicine and Indian traditional recipe used for skin, constipation in pregnancy & kids, acidity, gastritis, ulcer, Indigestion, dysmenorrhea, acne, foul body odor, palpitation, hypertension, nosebleed, stress, etc.
Gulkand is prepared from fresh rose petals and sugar. Other ayurvedic ingredients such as Praval Pishti and Mukta Pishti can also be added to boosts its action in hot season and diseases that occur due to excess heat.
- Rose petal jam
- Rose petal jelly
- Rose jam
Medicinal Properties of Gulkand
All healing properties of Gulkand are attributed to Rose Petals. Almost all varieties of Roses used for making Gulkand have similar therapeutic actions. Rose flowers have following therapeutic properties.
- Mild laxative
- Mild hypnotic (in larger doses, the property appears more in Rosa Damascena)
- Digestive Stimulant (appears more in patients with heartburn, dyspepsia etc.)
Gulkand is beneficial in following health conditions:
- Mild to Moderate Constipation
- Acid Reflux
- Intestinal Gas
- Peptic Ulcer
- Mouth Ulcer
- Bleeding disorders like nosebleed
- Tachycardia (along with Mukta Pishti)
- Excessive Sweating
- Hot Flashes in Menopause
- Generalized Burning sensation
- Burning pain of any specific organ
- Headache with burning pain and when pain increases after pressure on head or head massage
- High Fever with burning sensation all over the body (to reduce burning sensation)
Benefits of Gulkand
Health benefits of gulkand include its uses in various diseases that occur due to excess heat in the body or hot temperature outside. Diseases that occur due to excess heat are known as PITTA diseases in ayurveda. It is a best remedy for these diseases.
Other Uses of Gulkand
- It helps to get rid of burning sensation in soles and palms.
- It helps to reduces pain in heels.
- It reduces serum uric acid level, so it is beneficial for patients with Gout.
- It relieves mental stress and calms the mind.
- It is a mild laxative, so if you suffer with constipation, you should use this remedy first than trying strong laxatives.
- It also helps to reduce the side effects of antibiotics, painkillers and other strong drugs that cause nausea, burning sensation and ulcers.
When to Take Gulkand
|In mild constipation
|Before Sleep (once a day)
|In moderate constipation
|Morning an hour after meal and at night before sleep (twice daily)
|Heartburn or gastric problems
|In between food (when you have eaten half food) (twice daily)
|An hour after meal (twice daily)
Gulkand is LIKELY SAFE for healthy individuals, pregnant women and lactating mothers. There are no side effects observed with the regular use of Gulkand for a period of six months.
Explore more Products from Amrut Pharmaceuticals.
- No ratings found yet!