Ashokamrita Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects
Ashokamrita benefits include its strengthening action on uterus. It improves ovarian functions, helps to normalize heavy flow during periods, and reduces pain during menstruation. It also improves appetite. In addition, it is also prescribed for bleeding piles and anorexia in female. Its main indication is heavy bleeding. It is effective in all underlying causes of heavy bleeding except uterine cancer.
Ashokamrita (Ashokarishta Special) has following healing properties.
- Mild estrogenic
- Digestive Stimulant
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
- Muscle relaxant
Ashokamrita is helpful in following health conditions.
Based on classical texts, Ashokamrita is very useful in the following diseases:
- Menorrhagia – abnormal heavy or prolonged periods or heavy menstrual periods.
- Metrorrhagia – excessive uterine bleeding.
- Menometrorrhagia – combination of menorrhagia and metrorrhagia.
- Dysmenorrhea – painful periods.
- Low-grade chronic Fever.
- Bleeding Disorders.
- Bleeding Piles.
- Diminished digestive fire.
- Loss of desire to eat.
- Urinary disorders with frequent urination.
- Menopausal osteoporosis.
- Low bone mineral density.
- Imbalanced hormones.
- Increased level of testosterone in the blood.
- Uterine polyps and fibroid (Along With Kanchnaar Guggul).
- Ovarian cysts or poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) – Along with Chandraprabha vati.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Loss of Appetite.
Benefits & Uses of Ashokamrita
Ashokamrita has benefits in ovarian diseases and uterine disorders. Its main function is on female reproductive system and it balances the hormones levels in the body. In menopause, it helps adapting the body according to natural process occurring in the woman’s body. Let us discuss about the main health benefits and medicinal uses of Ashokamrita.
Menorrhagia, Metrorrhagia & Menometrorrhagia
- Menorrhagia is abnormal heavy or prolonged periods or menstruation.
- Metrorrhagia is prolong and excessive uterine bleeding. It does not occur due to menstruation. It indicates some other uterine disease.
- Menometrorrhagia is a combination of menorrhagia and metrorrhagia. In this case, heavy bleeding occurs regardless to menstruation. It occurs irregularly than usual.
In ayurveda, Ashokamrita is a drug of choice all these three conditions. It naturally reduces bleeding and regulates the uterine functions. The effects may be due to influence of Ashokamrita on the female hormones.
Dysmenorrhea (Painful periods)
Ashokamrita is a uterine tonic, which improves uterine functions and modulates uterine contractions. It gives strength to the uterus, which helps in easier dislodging of the uterine lining during menstruation and prevents ischemia (inadequate blood supply to the uterus). Thus, it reduces menstrual cramps. Additionally, Ashokamrita also reduces premenstrual headache, nausea, low backache etc.
|Reduces uterine contractions, but not comparable with Kumaryasava||Reduces unusual uterine contractions significantly|
|Menstrual blood flow may decrease||Improves menstrual blood flow|
|Decreases menstrual bleeding||Increases menstrual bleeding|
|Mainly provides strength to the uterus||Strengthening action is insignificant|
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Ashokamrit is useful in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
The dosage of Ashokamrit is 10 ml to 20 ml twice or thrice a day. In heavy bleeding, your doctor may also ask to increase the dosage of Ashokamrit.
Caution & Side Effects
Ashokamrita is POSSIBLY SAFE and WELL-TOLERATED in most women. Some women may feel burning sensation after taking this remedy, but this side effect occurs only in women suffering with acidity or heartburn.
Ashokamrita Side Effects
The most common side effect of Ashokamrita is delayed menstruation.
- Delayed menstruation
- Missed period
- Decreased menstrual blood flow
Explore more Products from BAIDYANATH.
- No ratings found yet!