Shatavari Kalpa (Asparagus Racemosus) Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
Shatavari Kalpa (Asparagus Racemosus) is a powerful therapeutic agent, which is of great importance in Ayurveda. It promotes overall well-being and good health. It is one solution to many health conditions. Shatavari means ‘acceptable to many’.
Shatavari Kalpa is a natural remedy long used in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. Sourced from the roots of the Asparagus racemosusplant, it is available in dietary supplement form usually as a pill or powder. Shatavari is said to offer a variety of health benefits.
Shatavari Kalpa is a special female tonic because it helps women of all age groups to transit through natural phases of life very gracefully. Shatavari Kalpa is very helpful during menstruation because it relieves abdominal cramps and spasms. It strengthens the uterus. During lactation, it stimulates the production of breast milk. The last but not the least it also helps women during menopause.
Besides this, Shatavari Kalpa have been found to be very useful in the treatment and control of high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, cancer, bacterial and fungal infections, oedema, infertility and depression.
Nutrients in Shatavari
Various minerals are abundantly present in Shatavari roots such as copper, manganese, zinc and cobalt. Other minerals present in good quantity include calcium, magnesium, selenium and potassium. Besides minerals, Shatavari also contain vitamins such as vitamin A and ascorbic acid. Essential fatty acid such as gamma linolenic acid is also present in Shatavari. Gamma linolenic acid is very beneficial for the treatment of arthritis, high cholesterol levels, heart disease and depression.
Health Benefits :
According to practitioners of Ayurveda, shatavari possesses cooling, calming properties that can help to soothe and balance Vata and Pitta (two of the three doshas). Often used to enhance reproductive and digestive health, shatavari is also said to have rejuvenating and nourishing effects.
1. It helps proper growth of the children by nourishing all the Dhatus.
2. Protects the body from various health hazards by developing immunity.
3. It improves memory and concentration and relieves mental stress.
4. Useful in menstrual pain, irregular menses, and menses with clots at menarche.
5. Helps maintain the health of the baby and the mother in pregnancy as well as after delivery.
6. Reduces the chances of miscarriage and abortion by giving strength to uterus and nourishment to the foetus.
7. Helps to increase lactation in lactating mothers.
8. Useful in physical and mental disorders associated with menopausal state.
9. Gives necessary nourishment to every cell in old age.
10. Useful in bleeding disorders like bleeding through nose, throat, anus or urinary tract.
11. Helps to heal gastric ulcers by its cold and oily properties.
Recommendation with Shatavari Kalpa :
- No ratings found yet!